Welcome to the Sparks Elementary PTA!
The mission of the Sparks PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by promoting a positive learning environment in school and at home. We strive to:
- Increase communications between teachers, parents and the PTA.
- Broaden parent involvement, especially as it pertains to the decisions affecting our children and…
- Serve as a true liaison between parents, teachers and administrators as we work together to meet our students’ individual needs
The Maryland PTA mission:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The National PTA mission:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youths.
- To bring a closer relationship between the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Sparks Elementary Parent Involvement Pledge
As a parent, I pledge, to the best of my ability, I will:
- Show my child that I value education;
- Encourage my child to read at least 15 minutes a night;
- Check my child’s folders and homework EVERY night;
- Talk to my child about his/her school activities;
- Have on-going communication with my child’s teacher; and
- Volunteer in the classroom/school activities as much as possible.
I pledge to become involved and stay involved, for I know that as a team the teachers and I can give my child a firm foundation for their future in education.